From left: Mdm Mastura, Mdm Mawar Salleh, Ms Monica Leong, Ms Shirley Toh, Mr Tan Kay Yong
- To engage students in observing surrounding and artworks closely through inquiry based learning approach.
- To provide students with opportunity to explore and express ways to create and communicate through experiential of different media, art forms and tools to develop their artistic processes.
- To empower students with skills to connect and interpret artworks and deepen their appreciation and understanding of the values of art in their lives and society.
In Ang Mo Kio Primary School, art lessons are planned and developed with the aim of inculcating in pupils a deep appreciation in the values of art in the lives of students and the world they live in via the 4E approach namely experience, exposure, expression and enrich.
In the Experience domain, pupils experience a wide variety of conventional and nonconventional materials and tools , media and art forms. This allows pupils to experiment and innovate.
In the Exposure domain, pupils will go on Museum Based Learning at Art Museums (e.g. National Gallery Singapore, ArtScience Museum) to get the first-hand experience and exposure to seeing authentic artworks. This allows pupils to deepen understanding of the connection of art to culture, society and world they live in. The whole school is also exposed to different art forms via the art assemblies and art events (e.g. Awesome week annually.
In the Expression and Enrich domains, pupils are able to demonstrate a mastery of the different art skills taught at different levels and showcase their artworks on School and national platforms, School ArtXpace and ArtXcapade (outside school) as well as SYF visual art
|Primary 1||Explore of different
Medium(2D & 3D)|
|Primary 2||Explore of different Medium(2D & 3D)|
|Primary 6||Sand Performance & Digital Art |
Museum Based Learning at ArtScience Museum
Pupils participated in the painting of Batik Lantern
Pupils admiring artworks done by peers
Batik Talk by Mr Sakarsi Said (Cultural Medallion)
3. Aesthetic Week
- Pupils will develop an appreciation and interest in exploring different art forms through active participation during aesthetics activities.
- Pupils will display positive social behaviour such as care and respect towards others while striving for excellence in everything that they do through perseverance and resilience.
4. Art Competition (in and outside school) (Exposure)
Artwork by Kayla Deng
Chosen to exhibit in SOTA 2018
Artwork by Shermin Lim, Angel Ng, Low Zhi yue & Ma Tian Yu
Chosen to exhibit in National Gallery Singapore 2017 till present
Artwork by Sebastian Hooi
Selected by AMKPians as the
P5 Camp Resilience Tshirt
The Art Department of Ang Mo Kio Primary School urges you to join us in our effort to
cultivate a self-directed learner who is able to appreciate art and is confident in using art to
express himself/ herself. The child upon entering AMKPS needs to keep a A3 black art
portfolio which will be used throughout his/ her 6 years of art curriculum. We need parents’
support to help the children to be responsible for their materials and ensure they are kept in
school during the school term.