Home > About Us > Our School Rules
Our School Rules
1. Respect for Singapore and the School
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Non-Singapore citizens must stand at attention while the National Anthem is sung and the Pledge is taken.
- On Mondays or on the first school say of the week, the school song will be played and all students, regardless of nationality, are to sing the school song respectfully.
- All students are expected to uphold the reputation of the school at all times. When students are dressed in their school attire; they represent the school and must be well-behaved at all times, both in school and outside of the school.
2. Attendance and Punctuality
- Attendance is compulsory. All students are to be in school by 7.30 a.m. for the flag-raising ceremony.
- Any absence from school must be accompanied by a medical certificate or a letter from parents.
- Students who are absent without a valid reason will be regarded as having committed truancy.
- All students must be punctual for all school activities. This includes lessons, assemblies, CCA and any activities organised by the school.
3. School Attire and Appearance
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Students wearing the PE attire are to ensure that their PE shirt is tucked in at all times.
- Students have to wear black canvas/nylon/PVC shoes and if the shoes have laces, they must also be black.
- School socks or plain white socks must be worn such that 5 cm of the socks can be seen.
- Sports shoes may be changed into and worn only during CCA activities.
- Fingernails should be short and clean.
- Nail polish is strictly not allowed.
- No jewellery or fanciful accessory is allowed.
- Students must be neat in appearance, clean-shaven and no facial hair is allowed.
- No make-up is allowed.
- For Male Students:
- Hair should not touch the shirt collar, should not cover the ears or eyebrows and should not be dyed, tinted or highlighted.
- Sideburns should be short and thinned.
- For Female Students:
- Shoulder-length/long hair must be neatly tied up with black ribbon/band.
- Fringes must be trimmed and kept above the eyebrows at all times.
- Hair should not be dyed, tinted or highlighted.
- Only one small black/colourless ear stud or ear stick is allowed on each earlobe.
- Students are expected to adhere to the 4 B’s.
Be On Time: Punctuality
Be Kind: Good behavior and conduct
Be Safe: Overall safety and well-being
- All students must finish all homework and assignments on time.
- All students must treat others (staff, visitors, schoolmates) with respect.
- All students must not intimidate or hurt others physically and/or emotionally in school as well as online.
- Bullying, including cyber-bullying, is a major offence and is not tolerated in AMKP.
- No student may leave the school premises without permission.
5. Use of Electronic Devices in School
- Students are discouraged from bringing mobile phones and electronic devices to school.
- If students would like to bring these devices, they must switch off their devices during curriculum and CCA time, failing which, the devices will be kept in the General Office for collection by parents.
- Playing of games on mobile devices is not allowed.
- Students shall be responsible and accountable for the safekeeping of their mobile devices.
- In the event of misuse/abuse of the mobile devices, the school will safekeep the devices for the purpose of investigation. The devices will only be returned to parents after the investigation.
6. Items Not to be Brought to School
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which can be used or intended to be used to cause harm to others
- All students are not allowed to bring the following items to school:
- Game cards or trading cards
- Chewing gum or bubble gum
- Students must not forge the signature (of parents, guardians, caregivers) on test or exam papers, consent forms, report books and medical certificates.
- Students must not engage in gambling or betting.
- Students must not be involved in any gang.
- Students must not extort money from schoolmates.
- Students must not vandalise, steal or set fire on school property or property of others.
- Students must not view/possess/share sexually explicit material.
- Students must not possess/use/distribute/sell any of the following: cigarettes, drugs, inhalants and alcohol.
- Students must not smoke. Smoking is prohibited by law for those under 21 years of age.
Non-compliance with and infringement of any of the school rules will result in action being taken against the offender. These actions include parental involvement, in-house suspension, counselling, caning and possible suspension from school.
For the complete list of Offences and Consequences,
please refer to the 2022 Student Handbook Page 12-13.